NJFCS Board Meeting Notes (理事會記錄)
August 17, 2014 (3pm~6pm) at Morganville Senior Center
Principal: Derek Chang (張偉程)
Vice Principal: Charlie Yu (俞思煒)
Language Director: Frank Lee (李芳坤)
Deputy Language Director: Shuhua Lai (賴淑華)
Cultural Director: Charlie Yu (俞思煒)
Deputy Cultural Director: Alice Ng (梁婉儀)
Treasurer: Sabrina Rivere (曾碧靜)
Deputy Treasurer: Tina Rubin (楊智婷)
IT Director: Ho-Chi Chen (陳和其)
PA Director: Jun Fang (方俊)
Former Principal: Kuan-Lin Cheng (鄭冠玲)
Secretary: Vicky Chen (陳琬琪)
- Updated the school calendar (Please see the attached file.)
- So far we have around 20 students been registered.
- The reminder e-mail needs to be send out.
- Set-up a registration desk on the 1st day of school (9/6/2014).
- Be ready to accept the new registration for the next school year (2015/2016) around the beginning of May 2015.
- Need to recruit more students (Utilize different promotions)
- We will accept students who only register the cultural classes, but we would not broadcast it. ($200 tuition for cultural class only, plus $70 other fees.)
- We may consider to raise the tuition for next year.
- Cultural Classes:
- Still looking for the teacher of “Creative Drawing”class.
- We need to encourage the parents to have more involvement with cultural events.
- Fundraising (Try to find more sponsors; having food sales on traditional Chinese holiday, 元宵節義賣湯圓, 端午節義賣粽子 etc.…)
- The preparation of Marlboro Day (9/7/2014).
- Some parents are not aware of our adult programs, we may need to do more advertisement about it.
A webpage will be created for the better communication between parents & teachers.
- collect list of volunteers
- contact volunteers
- assign parents to volunteering group – duty, PTA and culture
- Communication – weekly communication
- designated sender
- Marlboro Day 2014
- Family activities