Fidelity Chinese School 1st grade 2st Week 9/13/2014
Thank you very much for coming to the parent/teacher conference yesterday. Your input is appreciated. The original scheduled parent/teacher conference was rescheduled to yesterday; therefore, there will be no parent/teacher conference for our class on 10/18. If you have any questions or suggestions please email or call me.
I talked with the language director about our class party after midterm and final. It will be from 10:50-11:20 in the cafeteria. Therefore, we can dismiss the class from there to be convenient to everyone, and save time on traveling between places. Yay! Looking forward to it!
Last week’s recording homework, I corrected many mispronunciation ㄕㄢ(三) to ㄙㄢ. I don’t know if I accidentally corrected 山ㄕㄢ to ㄙㄢ, if I did, I am sorry. I will make it clear to the class next week.
Things we did today:
- Quiz. The results will be given back next week.
- Review chapter one
- 2 work sheets.
- Audio Recording Homework: 我的朋友在哪裡？(Please read instead of singing for clarity in pronunciation)
New words (生字): Be able to write 一, 二, 三,四, 五 in order
* Please bring the whole booklet of word card （字卡）
* Please staple the homework pages together, so we don’t confuse with each others.
* There will be no school for 3 weeks. See you on 10/18.
Fidelity Chinese School 1st grade 1st Week 9/6/2014
It was great to see everyone! I feel that all the student have matured over the summer.
We have a new student named Charlene Leung. Welcome!
- “新同學”– Each student had a brief self-introduction.
- We went over the The Classroom Rules.
- New words: 一，二，三，四，五. We went over the 筆順，筆畫，部首.
- 上山找老虎, 我的朋友在哪裡
- Homework pages 1-6. 1 page every day from Monday to Thursday, 2 pages on Friday.
- Recording Homework: 上山找老虎. **Please send the recording homework through email.
- Listen and write: 5 new words with zhu-yin-fu-hao (Optional radical 部首 for bonus).
- Word (生詞) recognition in zhu-yin-fu-hao. Need to be able to read and match to the corresponding image.
- Parent/Teacher Conference next week 9/13/2014 at 11:30-11:45am.
- Opening Ceremony at 9:30am next week. Please bring your child to the auditorium.
- School supplies: pencils, eraser, scissors, glue, and color pencils or crayons (no markers).
Please email me if you have any question, thank you.
I am very glad to teach your child again this year. Erica will be our TA. I know the kids like her.
Helping your child to learn Chinese is not solely the teacher’s responsibility. Your child needs your help! Please check his/her classwork, help him/her with homework, and be ready for the weekly quiz, midterm and final.
The school starts this Saturday, 9/6/2014. The language class hours are from 9:30am to 11:20am. We will have a 10 minutes in-class break around 10:20am. Our new classroom will be room number #239.
Even though it is the first day of school, we will start to learn and finish chapter 1. The students will start to have homework, and a quiz in the following week, 9/13. Please get your child ready for the school.
Please bring the following school supplies to the class: pencils, eraser, scissors, glue, and color pencils or crayons (no markers).
Please pick up your child on time at 11:20am, so they will be on time for their culture class. If you can not make it on time, please pick up your child from the Language Department (FCS Main Entrance, Cafeteria).
*Jr. Dance- Outside the auditorium
*Creative Drawing- Room #255
If you have any question please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am looking forward to a happy year of learning Chinese with the class.
Fidelity Chinese School 1st grade 3rd Week 9/20/2014
Please do not bring the book of word cards (字卡) because I realized that we don’t have book rings for them. Book rings usually come in a box. Since we only need one for each student, I am afraid you will need to buy a box of them. Without it, every one might lose some of them after we tear them off. Please use the book to study at home.
I am going to email your child’s attendance and grade to you individually. Today’s break was a little chaotic, I am afraid I might have misrecorded some things. If I do, please let me know. I will correct it. Thank you.
School will resume on 10/18/2014.
We are still collecting prizes. Thank you again.
- Quiz: Quizzes were given back
- Chapter 2, text and new words
- Homework pages p.7-12
- Homework packet
- Recording homework: 一棵樹上十樣果
Listen and write: 7 new words with zhu-yin-fu-hao
- No radicals. We have not learned them yet.
- School supplies: pencils, eraser, scissors, glue, and color pencils or crayons.
- Please staple the homework pages together, so we don’t confuse with each others.