Culture Director Position
- Finalize culture class registration and make necessary changes to the Culture Department Class Rosters
- Update Culture Department slides for Opening Ceremony and 1st General Meetings
- Prepare a budget for the Culture Dept.
- Evaluate requests for supplies, costumes, etc. from Culture teachers.
- Prepare sign-in sheets for TA’s, SI’s, GSI’s and Culture Teachers
- Prepare two payrolls for Culture Teachers
- Coordinate Chinese New Year and Year End Performances
- Work with Off-Campus Coordinator on Off-Campus Performance logistics
- Prepare and issue Community Service, Year End Awards and Certificates for students, TA’s, SI’s.
- Provide Cultural Performances for events such as Multi-cultural Day, ACS Conference, Senior Fun Day and other events as requested.
- Plan and conduct several Culture Department Meetings as needed
- TA/ SI/ GSI Applications updated, modified, distributed. Collect and discuss with Culture Teachers. Notify approved candidates and their teachers.
- Act as liason between culture teachers, TA’s, SI’s, students and parents
- Serve as an FCS Board Member and support the Principal and school
- Marlboro Day – coordinate with PA Director to set up a tent, table, banner and ask Yo-Yo TA’s and SI’s to take turns demonstrating yo-yo. Peter Peng provides yo-yo’s for sale to the general public. Space is reserved by Deputy Mayor Hui-min Shen for the 3 Chinese Schools.
- Chinese Mid-Autumn festival (Marlboro HS) – Works with FCS Principal on a joint committee with other Chinese with other Chinese Schools and Jireh Church. Moon cake sampling, performance and kite flying competition.
- Update Enrollment Rosters with Add/Change Forms. Issue Rosters to all Culture Teachers.
- Update Culture Section of FCS Directory for Secretary.
- Update Culture Slides for Opening Ceremony & First General Meeting
- Organize FCS Volunteers for Multi-Cultural Day. Meetings already in progress since end of Summer.
- Meet with CNY Off Campus Coordinator to begin planning
- Multi-Cultural Day (usually 1st week of November) – Represent FCS on Marlboro Township MCD Planning Committee.
- First Culture Teacher Meeting – Begin planning On Campus CNY Performance
- Draft Performance Flow and disseminate to Performance Coordinators for review
- Second Culture Meeting to finalize CNY On and Off Campus Performance Details
- Chinese Lunar New Year On and Off Campus Performances
End of March/April
- Update TA/GTA/SI/GSI application forms and send email to ALL eligible students (entering Grade 9 and above). Language and Culture send two different forms. Forms are due back by mid-May so Culture Teachers know who they have for the next year.
- Begin planning with Culture Teachers for end of year performance.
- Senior Fun Day – Work with other township non-profit groups to put on a show, and give prizes to local seniors. Provide 2 Performances and possibly assigned another task as needed.
- Finalize End of Year Performance Flow – 1 hour performance. Not all culture classes participate. Meet with Language Department Director/Principal to coordinate with
- Update Years of Service for Culture Teachers – Need this for ACS Conference (Memorial Day Weekend) and FCS teacher recognition (Year-end)
June (New Culture Director and Asst. Director Assist with these tasks)
- Schedule Rehearsals for End of Year Performance
- Inform TA’s & SI’s of their application status after discussion with Culture Teachers
- Certificates/Awards and program for Year End Performance
- Issue Community Service Letters to all TA’s & SI’s
- Prepare Thank You Gifts to Accompany Community Service Letters for TA’s & SI’s
- Thank you gifts for Volunteer Teachers
- End of Year Payroll
ALN Updated 3/8/2015