Thanks to Gary and Nancy for their wonderful coordination for East Coast (EC) Swing dance, we had a total of 25 members joined the practice.
The steps we practice were (Each major in EC Swing has 6 counts, the number in the parenthesis is the count for that step):
- Basic close position (6)
- link to open position (from close position to open position) (6)
- Link to close position (from open position to close position) (6)
- Underarm turn to right (Outside turn, from close position to open position) (12)
- Underarm turn to left (Inside turn, open position) (6)
- Alternating Underarm Turns (she goes, he goes) (6)
to practice at home, Gary also provided the following YouTube links:
- Swing dance steps - Swing basic steps for beginners
- Swing dancing lessons - 3 technique tips for East Coast Swing basics
- "Extreme Swing" - Styling & Technique For East Coast Swing - Ballroom Dance DVD
- sweetheart with double face loop
Our next EC Swing practice session will be 09/20/2014 at 10:30 am. See you all there, thanks.