FCS Weekly Announcements 3/12-3/18
FCS Chinese YO-YO Competition
Saturday March 18, 2017 – 11:30am – 12:30pm
All are welcome to view the competition..
2017 ANJCS Chinese Yo-Yo Competition
Saturday March 25, 2017 – 09:30am – 12:30pm
Mid-Jersey Chinese School in East Brunswick
Located at Churchill Junior High School, 18 Norton Road, East Brunswick, NJ 08816
2017-2018 Cultural Board positions applicants needed!
Interested in a rewarding position? Looking to meet with more parents? We are now seeking applicants for 2017-2018 school year for the following Cultural Board positions, please reach out to Suzie Tam (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop by PA Desk.
Culture Director – Role & Responsibilities
1. Act as liaison between culture teachers, TA’s, SI’s, students and parents
2. Coordinate and provide oversight for on/off campus events
3. Maintain tracker of culture teachers & TAs teaching/volunteering times
4. Design culture programs and assist with recruitment of teachers
5. Communicate on/off campus events with public officials for time/space/availability and coordinate with event owners such as ANJCS
Deputy Culture Director
1. Assist Culture Director in preparation of on/off campus events
2. Coordinate parents and students for the events
3. Recruit for qualified teachers
4. Assist in various school events
5. Assist in recruitment of parent volunteers for special events
Cultural Staff Support (4 openings)
1. Help coordinate the on-campus and/or off campus events ranging from event logistics, program flow to stage production
2. Assist in recruitment of student and parent volunteers, assignment of tasks to volunteers.
Lunch box will be ordered from Empire Szechuan 川園 this Saturday, 3/18.
The order form can be accessed via https://www.njfcs.org/lunch-order
The dish Smoked Chicken with Rice takes Empire Szechuan a few days to prepare, so pls order it no later than 1pm on 3/15. And the whole school has to order at least 5 orders.
Food vendor 渤海村 is coming this Saturday.
Tasty Bakery 甜心餅屋 has rescheduled to come on 3/25. Pls notice the change.
FCS Choir Members – Save the Dates!
FCS Choir members to perform National Anthem Performances for:
5/21st – Memorial Day Parade at Marlboro Townhall
5/28 – Passport to Taiwan event @ Union Square New York City.
The Passport to Taiwan Committee was so impressed by FCS Choir performance at the Nets Game and again has invited us to perform National Anthem to kick off this big event in NYC. FCS will also set up a booth to sell traditional Taiwanese Food. Our Chinese Yo-Yo Team will also get a chance to perform in front of the big crowd. Last year, an estimated 50,000 people went to the event.
3/18/2017 FCS Yo-Yo Contest FCS 扯鈴比賽
5/21 Marlboro Township Memorial Day Parade and FCS Choir to perform National Anthem