- software used to build the website is called WordPress http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordPress
- every teacher has his/her own homepage
- every teacher has his/own account – username is your email
- teacher is set to the ‘author’ of the page
- only you can modify/update the page
- you will get email notification if parents or students comment on your page
- every change will be versioned and stored in the system – Don’t worry about losing any works or breaking anything because WE CAN FIX IT firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
- go to https://www.njfcs.org
- click on Login at the top of the homepage
- use your username and password to login
- use ‘Lost your password’ to recover your password
- to change your password: please email email@example.com
- After you log on, just follow the instructions, you will see Edit Post button on top and your login avatar at the upper right corner
- (using Singlong’s page as an example https://www.njfcs.org/吳幸蓉老師-singlong-wu/)
- After you’re logged in following the instructions, you will be see Edit Post button on top – as well as your login avatar at the upper right corner
Edit your page
- user interface is very similar to Microsoft products you use every day – such as outlook and word.
- when you’re done with editing, simply click ‘update’ on the right and your change will be saved and published.
- you can view the change by clicking on ‘view post’ button under the post title, which is ‘吳幸蓉老師 Singlong Wu’ in this case
Insert file into your page
- click on Add Media
- on the pop-up window, click on upload Files. (If you’re adding an existing file, click on Media Libary and search for it)
- when prompted, select the file that you want to upload then click Open
- Once the file is uploaded, click ‘Insert into post’
- A link will show up on the page editor. Click ‘Update’ to update your page.
- You can view the file link on your page after the update.