FCS Database Design and Implementation
- Design Goal: to keep School’s family, students and teaching related data records up to date and provide basis of information management for School day-to-day operations and future services expansion
- Server: Using MySql open source DB on Unix/Windows
- Client: web browser or any client application that has JDBC data source client capability; any Windows-based ODBC access client
- Three types of tables.
- Time invariant data tables including family, student, period.
- Time period sensitive data tables within which a period field is included for all record entries, such as program (class_group_record), student_record, teacher_record, facility_record, staff_record.
- Decision tables, such as class_assignment